The great thing about a barge cruise is that your per person cost includes everything for your week long vacation, except your airfare and a suggested 5% gratuity. A few barges offer the option of a half board or three quarter board vs the standard full board option. This means that some of your meals will be enjoyed ashore at your own expense. Although the meals aboard all of the barges are exceptional, choosing these other options is a great way to lower your up front cost, and also have the opportunity to experience the flavor and essence of the local cuisine.
A unique opportunity is available aboard the 8-passenger barge SAVOIR VIVRE, currently cruising in Burgundy. The barge is considered a full board barge, but passengers enjoy one meal ashore each evening at a pre-planned destination. This is a great way to experience some of the area's favorite restaurants, and the best part about it is that this cost is included in the per person price.
For the 2017 and 2018 season, prices for a Full-Board Charter for 8 aboard the Savoir Vivre are $28,000 for VALUE season ($3,500 per person) and $30,000 for REGULAR season, ($3,750 per person). Individual cabins may also be booked at $3,750 per person in REGULAR season, or $3,500 per person in VALUE season, based on double occupancy, with a minimum booking of two cabins. If you have any questions about this wonderful opportunity, feel free to Contact us
The barges listed below offer Half Board or Three Quarter Board Charters for the 2017/2018 seasons:
- 6-passenger CAROLINE -- Canal du Midi, Three Quarter Board Charter for 6 $23,940 ($3,990 per person)
- 4-passenger COLIBRI -- Upper Loire (Half-Board Charter for 4 for $21,000 = $5,250 per person) ... only available in 2018, as 2017 season is sold out.
- 6-passenger EMMA -- Canal du Midi (Half-Board Charter for 6 for $27,000 = $4,500 per person).
- 4-passenger SARAPHINA -- Canal du Midi (Half-Board Charter for up to 4 for $14,500 = $3,625 per person).
- 6-passenger MAGNOLIA -- Southern Burgundy (Half-Board Charter for 6 for $18,400 in 2017 ($3,066.66 per person), or $19,850 in 2018 ($3,308.33 per person).
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have, so that we may help you select the best option for your barge cruise in France and the rest of Europe.