The 2018 hotel barge cruising season has officially launched! And there are still some remaining openings for the 2017 season. The owners and crew are eager to welcome you on board. If you are in the planning stages for this year's vacation, there are still some great options for you to consider. Here is a comprehensive list of all barge cruises under $4,000 per person in France and Europe for individual, double occupancy cabins or charter groups.
Most cruises are for 7 days/6 nights but there are a few barges listed below that offer a short week cruise. All offer you an opportunity to relax and rejuvenate your body and mind, as your personal crew tends to your every need and your personal chef creates exquisite cuisine. Most cruises offer full board meal plans with all meals included, while a few offer half or three quarter board options.
Regardless of which barge or route you choose, every region in France offers a beauty all its own, with exquisitely preserved medieval villages, ancient castles, abundant vineyards and magnificent landscapes. While cruising the serene canals and rivers of the historic French countryside, you are immersed in regional culture, wine and cuisine. Most barge cruises are in France, but there are also a few unique and wonderful cruises in Venice, Italy, the Scottish Highlands, Ireland, England, Holland and Belgium and Germany.
Take advantage of some of these great values currently being offered, or visit our Special Offers page periodically to keep up with different barges throughout the season offering sale prices.
Cabin bookings under $4,000 per person in France and the rest of Europe, all quoted and payable in US Dollars:
- The 8-passenger First Class barge Savoir Vivre, cruising on the Burgundy Canal, is the only barge in France that includes in its price breakfasts and lunches aboard the barge as well as dinners off the barge at select local restaurants. Individual cabin bookings for "regular season" cruises (mid-April to mid-October) are priced at $3,750 per person (based on double occupancy). Early April and late October "value season" individual cabin rates are $3,500 per person, double occupancy. Charter rates for 8 passengers is $30,000 "regular season," and $28,000 "value season.
- The 18-passenger Deluxe barge Phenicien cruising in Provence along the Rhone River and Canal du Rhone a Sete, offers both cabin and charter bookings. The owners are currently offering cabin bookings during its value season for $3,640 per person (double occupancy required and minimum of 6 passengers required to cruise). Charter rates for 12-18 passengers range from $3,275 to $3,930 per person.
- The 24-passenger First Class barge Mirabelle cruising in the famed Bordeaux region in southwestern France on the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers and the Gironde Estuary, also offers both individual cabin and charter bookings. "Low season" cabin bookings are priced at $3,750 per person (double occupancy with a minimum of 12 passengers to cruise), and "high season" bookings are $4,100 per person.
In other countries:
- The 20-passenger First Class barge La Bella Vita, cruising on the Venetian Lagoons, Po River, and Bianco Canal in Italy, offers both cabin and charter bookings. Value season pricing for individual bookings (stateroom) are $3,890 per person (double occupancy required with a minimum of 7 passengers to cruise).
- The 6-passenger First Class barge Caroline, cruising the picturesque Canal du Midi in Southern France is offering six night three quarter board charter rate for 6 passengers of $23,940 ($3,990 each). Four night half board charters for 6 passengers are very competitively priced at $15,960 ($2,660 each).
- The 6-passenger Deluxe Magnolia on the Burgundy Canal offers both half and full board charters at very competitive rates. In 2017, half-board charter for 6-passengers are $18,400 or $3,066.67 per person and full board charters for 6-passengers are $23,650 or $3,941.66 per person. In 2018, prices are slightly higher: half-board charter for 6-passengers are $19,850 or $3,308.33 per person and full board charters for 6-passengers are $24,850 or $4,141.66 per person. This makes the Magnolia an exceptional value!
- Also the 4-passenger First Class barge Louisa on the Canal du Midi offers full board charter cruises for 4 passenger for 3 nights at $6,960 or $1,740 per person. A 4 night cruise at $9,280 or $2,320/person based on 4 passengers. The Louisa is perfect for travelers who want to experience the luxury of a barge cruise but have a limited time schedule.
NOTE: All individual cabin booking prices are quoted per person and are based on double occupancy. All prices are quoted and payable in US Dollars. For all half-board or three-quarter-board cruises, barge crews will be happy to provide you with recommendations for restaurants ashore, and also provide transportation to and from the restaurants.
Please Contact us at Special Places Travel, with any questions you may have regarding the best choices for a barge cruise that fits your vacation needs and interests in France or the rest of Europe.